Position Summary and Qualification
The SCM Purchasing Assistant aids in the procurement requirements of the various Filinvest group of companies by sourcing the right item at the right price in the agreed time frame. Taks include evaluating the Purchase Request and Purchase Orders on a regular basis, developing and executing implementation strategies for all prohetcs/business units, assisting in negotiation strategies, providing optimal level of customer service, preparing reports to identify cost cutting initiatives, and monitoring of delivery and facilitating the processing of payments.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management; Engineering or equivalent.
- Preferably Entry Level specialized in Logistics/Supply Chain or equivalent.
- PR/PO PROCESSING
- Process assigned Purchase Requisitions (PRs)/Purchase Orders (POs) within the time stated in the Service Level Agreement (SLA) to meet target dates of internal customers
- Review PR received and ensure that descriptions and specifications of the items being requested are accurate and complete.
- Communicate through constant interaction with both end-users and suppliers for efficient transactions
- Examine and prioritize urgent PRs through proper management of workload to serve immediate needs of the company.
- Evaluate PRs and provides alternatives to end-users to provide the company with the best value and quality items
- Negotiate with vendors the price, terms warranties, delivery etc. with proper technical and commercial evaluation, providing the company cost savings
- Prepares tabulation/canvass sheet/canvass report to easily evaluate proposals and quotations
- Liaise between requestor and vendor for the approval of the item being requested, queries, complaints and other requirements
- Identify similar items for consolidation and bulk buying from the different projects and create a purchase plan for the items that can be procured in volume leading to faster processing and lower rates
- Research on past trends and/or pricing for the specific item/service being handled
- Can use MS Office, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Perform a variety of tasks, often changing from one to another of a different nature
- Can adapt to frequent changes in workload and adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Can work within deadlines and complete work in a timely manner
- Display integrity
- Liaising and documentation
- Can apply effective interpersonal skills to provide service