POSITION SUMMARY AND QUALIFICATION:
The Accounting Supervisor is in charge in supervising, coaching and monitoring of the payable staff and project accountants. Duties involve validating check vouchers and posting of payment entries and journal vouchers on a daily and monthly basis. Prepares and report monthly and quarterly taxes due to BIR. Process yearly business permit renewal and other government reportorial submission and requirements. Responsible in ensuring that all payments are valid and complaint to company policies and procedures.
- Candidate must possess a BS Accountancy degree and must be a Certified Public Accountant.
- At least 3 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Supervisor/5 Yrs. & Up Experienced Employee specialized in Finance - General/Cost Accounting or equivalent.
- Training on taxation updates is an advantage
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MONITORING AND STAFF SUPERVISION
- Final checking and validating of documents, to ensure that payments are valid and complaint to company policies.
- Posting of daily and monthly payment and journal entries to ensure that all disbursement are reported on financial statements report.
- Supervising, coaching and monitoring performance of AP Staff and regular follow up or get feedback on hanging payment entries in the system which are not yet received in accounting. Maybe assign to do other related works if needed.
- Monitoring of complete CV master file archiving and accurate CV package filing, in order to ensure proper and organized storage room for easy retrieval of vouchers.
- Monitor and ensures that Loans, RPT and other taxes are done within TAT to avoid future penalties.
GOVERNMENT TAX PAYMENTS, MONITORING AND COMPLIANCE
- Ensures timely preparation, filing and payment of all corporate tax returns to avoid penalties and surcharges for late payments.
- Prepares reporting documents needed in application for renewal of yearly business permit taxes due to government.
- Prepares, compile and submit all documentary requirements needed by tax authorities as support to audits.
- Prepares reportorial documents submitted to SEC, BIR and PEZA to ensure compliance to government reportorial requirements on a yearly basis.
- Provides coaching and counselling to staff or direct help when requested, and supports and explains listening for decisions when appropriate.
- Can use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Accounting system and MS Office
- Can express ideas, with satisfactory communication skills
- Review and verify data, trace or reconstruct transaction, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, and produce mathematical computations w/ accuracy.
- Can handle multiple tasks with interruptions, can perform work with clear attentions to details, can process and maintain recordkeeping or filing systems and can use research tools to resolve customer complaints.
- Looks for ways to improve process quality and can work within deadline and complete work in timely manner.
- Can apply effective interpersonal skills to provide service, can listen and get clarifications, can respond well to questions, and can transmit instructions to others.