POSITION SUMMARY AND QUALIFICATION:
The Quantity Surveyor is in-charge of the preparation of budgetary estimate. Duties involve preparation of quantity take-off, canvassing and evaluating proposals, establishing unit cost and verifying technical data, requesting information and assisting in the review of plans and specifications for completeness. He/She is responsible in ensuring the budgetary estimate is well prepared based on standard format to be able to come up with a complete estimate.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's/College Degree in Civil Engineering
- Must have Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam) in Engineering (Civil)
- With at least 2-3 years of technical working experience specialized in Engineering - Civil/Construction/Structural or equivalent.
PREPARATION OF PROJECT BUDGET
- Analyze plans and specifications to provide accurate and detailed estimate.
PREPARATION OF VALUE ENGINEERING OPTIONS
- Review plans and specifications and redo estimates to provide input on cost reduction to meet projected management budget.
BUDGET CHECKING FOR APPROVAL
- Present to the Senior Quantity Surveyor the budgetary estimate for initial review prior to final approval by the Cost Planning Head.
- Must be able to interpret plans and provide accurate measurement of materials as per plan and specification
- Ability to establish cost parameters as reference for estimate
- Ability to evaluate alternative schemes to reduce project cost and to offer a more competitive product in the market
- Must be knowledgeable in AUTOCADD and MS Office.